So I was making a site that had to use multiple taxonomies for different post types. I love using Custom Post Type UI for these kinds of things. But I noticed what seems to be a bug, or at least a very big pain, in taxonomies.
This translates to all taxonomies no matter if you are using a plugin, or creating them in the functions.php file.
The taxonomy bug does not allow you to use Capital letters, or spaces in the names of your taxonomies. In any way.
If you’ve noticed Taxonomies not showing up in the page settings, for example something that looks like this:
This is a tell tale sign that you are experiencing this error. If you see this, do the following.
- Remove your taxonomy.
- Re-create your taxonomy with no capital letters and no spaces.
- Should be fixed.
This is still a rather new bug that I’ve noticed, so leave comments if you see anything else strange with taxonomies.
Last updated byon .