So Twitter dropped support for previous api’s in order to move everyone to an oAuth api of their own. The work to develop support on your own could be a bit extensive, but that’s ok. because I will walk you through how to do it with Twitter Widget Pro.
Let’s skip the download and authenticate parts and get straight to it.
- Your widget settings are under the settings tab, the link that says Twitter Widget Pro.
- You’ll notice two new messages, click “set up your Twitter app keys”.
- Click the “Add new twitter app” link in a new tab.
- Sign in. Fill out all required information.
- Fill out a callback URL as the site URL for the site you want to put your twitter feed on. This is important.
- Put your consumer keys and consumer secret hashes on your wordpress plugin settings.
- Update Options at the bottom of the page.
- Authorize your app.
- You’re DONE!
This is the basic easy way to get a twitter feed on your site using Twitter Widget Pro.
Last updated byon .